Try adding a teaspoon of your favorite spice — cinnamon, cumin, coriander, ginger — before roasting.
Makes six servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 to 30 minutes
- 1 medium squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed, about 3 cups (see “How to Prep Squash)
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss cubed squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until tender and lightly browned, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Tip: Try adding a teaspoon of a warming spice — cinnamon, allspice, cumin, coriander, ginger, or turmeric — before roasting. Or experiment with dried herbs like rosemary, sage, or thyme.