Makes four servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: eight minutes
- 1 bunch curly or lacinato kale, stemmed, torn, and washed (about 5 packed cups)
- 1 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. minced anchovy fillets
- 1 tbs. oil from anchovies or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3 tbs. plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, lemon juice, and zest. Massage with your hands until the kale is softened and turns a darker shade of green.
- In a small bowl, whisk the anchovies, oil, mustard, garlic, and yogurt.
- Pour over the kale and toss to combine.
- On a parchment-lined sheet pan, place tablespoon-size portions of Parmesan, spreading slightly with the back of a spoon to make a flat round of each and leaving an inch between portions. Sprinkle each round with black pepper, then bake for five to eight minutes, watching closely, until melted and bubbling.
- Slide parchment paper and crisps off the pan and onto a rack to cool.
- Serve the salad topped with Parmesan crisps.