- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup fine grain bulgur wheat
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas thawed and steamed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbs. raspberry infused vinegar
- 3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbs. finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
Place the water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour the bulgur into the boiling water and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and let it stand for about 15 minutes, just until tender. Drain and press out any remaining water. Place in mixing bowl. Stir in the peas and red peppers.
For the dressing, whisk the garlic, vinegar and olive oil together and season with the salt and pepper.
To the bulgur add chives, mint and walnuts. Toss with the dressing. Taste and adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Calories 230; Protein 6 g; Total Fat 14 g; Saturated Fat 1.5 g; Carbohydrates 24 g; Dietary Fiber 6 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 105 mg