These paleo-friendly doughnuts are grain-free and dairy-free — and perfect for an autumn treat.
Makes 12 doughnuts
Ingredients for the doughnuts
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup Original Bhakti Chai Concentrate
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup melted ghee
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Extra fat, such as coconut oil or ghee, for greasing the doughnut pan
Ingredients for the glaze
- 6 tbs. coconut butter
- 6 tbs. Original Bhakti Chai Concentrate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine all doughnut ingredients in a high-powered blender, starting on low and gradually working your way up to high speed until the mixture is fully combined.
- Grease a doughnut pan with ghee or other cooking fat of choice.
- Pour mixture ¾ of the way into each mold and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean. While the doughnuts bake, prepare the glaze by combining all ingredients in a shallow bowl and mixing with a fork.
- When the doughnuts are done baking, remove them from the mold and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, gently dip each doughnut into the glaze. Garnish with pumpkin-pie spice if desired.