Makes eight servings
Hands-on preparation time: 20 minutes (plus one to two hours for marinating, and overnight to chill)
- 1 lb. chicken breasts and thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 2-inch cubes
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. coconut oil or sesame oil
Mix the yogurt, ginger, garlic, curry powder, and salt together in a medium bowl until smooth. Toss the chicken cubes with the marinade and refrigerate for one to two hours, but no longer.
Brush a baking pan (or grill pan or grill) with coconut oil, and broil or grill the chicken until browned, about three to five minutes on each side depending on thickness of the chicken and heat. Make sure the chicken is cooked through, and allow to cool to room temperature before refrigerating. The chicken can be cooked the day before serving.
Veggies for the Skewers
- 8 ounces spinach leaves
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled into “stripes,” and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 12 radishes, cut in half
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 8 12-inch bamboo skewers
Alternate the cooked, chilled chicken pieces with the raw veggies on skewers. Keep chilled until ready to eat. Serve with minted yogurt sauce.
- ½ cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbs. minced green onion
- Pinch of salt and cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.