This beautiful winter salad combines tart pomegranate with tangy citrus, rich avocado, and deep-dark leafy greens. Substitute arugula, endive, or baby kale greens for the spinach if you like. For a little extra crunch, sprinkle with a handful of toasted walnuts or pecans.
Makes four to six servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
For the Salad
- 6 cups spinach, washed and trimmed
- 2 large red grapefruit, peeled, cut into slices, then quartered
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tbs. pomegranate juice
- 2 tbs. red-wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Arrange the spinach leaves in a large, shallow bowl and top with the grapefruit, avocado, and pomegranate seeds.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
Drizzle enough dressing over the salad to lightly coat the ingredients; toss and serve.