Mint and lemon pair nicely with the blueberries in this fruity tabbouleh.
Makes four servings
Prep time: 10 minutes, plus time to cook quinoa
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 cup cooked quinoa*
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
*Find a simple quinoa recipe at “Quinoa: The Super Seed.”
- Place the lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, and salt in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the dressing to the quinoa, along with the parsley and mint, and fluff with a fork until well combined.
- Add the blueberries and gently toss. Taste; you may want to add another squeeze of lemon juice or another pinch of salt. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Tip: The bright tastes of the mint and lemon complement the mild flavor of the blueberries in this tabbouleh.