Makes four servings
- 1 butternut squash, about 11/2 pounds, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 4 thick slices red onion
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese or feta cheese
Heat a grill pan or grill. Toss the sliced squash and onion with the olive oil and spices, and cook until just tender. Serve in tortillas and add fresh toppings.
Why No Numbers?
Readers sometimes ask us why we don’t publish nutrition information with our recipes. We believe that (barring specific medical advice to the contrary) if you’re eating primarily whole, healthy foods — an array of sustainably raised vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, meats, fish, eggs, whole-kernel grains, and healthy fats and oils — you probably don’t need to stress about the numbers. We prefer to focus on food quality and trust our bodies to tell us what we need. — The Editors