Makes four to six servings
Preparation time: 60 to 70 minutes
- 1 large head of cauliflower, about 1½ pounds, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 8-ounce container of crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
- 1 cup finely grated Manchego cheese, about 2 ounces
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In an 8-x-8-inch baking pan, toss the cauliflower with the oil, salt, and pepper.
Roast the cauliflower for about 20 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
Meanwhile, mix together the crème fraîche, green onions, and cheese. When the cauliflower is finished roasting, stir in the crème-fraîche mixture.
Sprinkle with the almonds, and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until the gratin is golden brown and bubbly.