This veggie-packed bowl has been a long-time staple on the LifeCafe® menu. Now you can make it at home with this recipe.
This bowl has serious vegetable power and can go a long way toward helping you get more whole foods in your diet while delivering a variety of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and fiber. It’s the signature dish of LifeCafe Executive Chef Ryan Dodge, and like all dishes on the LifeCafe menu, it’s both dietitian- and trainer-approved. If you’re vegetarian or vegan, simply omit the chicken.
Makes 1 serving
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 4 oz. chicken breast
- Olive oil for coating
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup yellow squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 oz. chicken broth
- 1/4 cup yellow tomato
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts
CITRUS AIOLI INGREDIENTS
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. organic orange juice concentrate
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet, drizzle it with olive oil, then sprinkle the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and desired amount of salt and pepper on it. Roast the chicken for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Toss the squash, zucchini, red and yellow pepper, and red onion in olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread the veggies evenly across a baking sheet and add to the oven, roasting for 6 to 8 minutes, or until their edges start to brown.
- Once chicken is done, let it cool, then dice it into cubes.
- In a large pan, heat enough olive oil to lightly cover the surface. Add the broccoli, cauliflower rice, roasted veggies, and chicken and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth and sauté for 2–3 minutes.
- While the chicken and veggies are sautéing, combine the Citrus Aioli ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve in a bowl, topping with the yellow tomato, artichoke hearts, and desired amount of the Citrus Aioli.