Makes four servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. mayonnaise
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbs. minced fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups tightly packed arugula
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 15-oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 5-oz. can sustainably caught tuna, drained and flaked
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk thoroughly until blended.
- Put the arugula, red onion, white beans, tuna, and cherry tomatoes in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Drizzle about half the dressing over the salad and toss again to coat. Divide into bowls and top with more dressing to taste.
Tip: A good starting formula for homemade salad dressing is one part acid to three parts fat. It’s a flexible ratio, so taste and adjust the flavor as needed.