If you’re an herb lover, try basil, chervil, dill, and tarragon in this salad.
Makes four servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups tightly packed arugula or mixed greens
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup loosely packed chopped mint leaves
- ½ cup walnut pieces, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- 4 oz. chèvre or other soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup chive oil
Place the arugula, parsley, and mint in a bowl and toss to combine. Add the walnuts, dates, and chèvre, toss with the lemon juice and chive oil, and serve.
For the Chive Oil
Makes ½ cup
Prep time: five minutes
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Tip: A member of the allium family (along with onions and garlic), chives contain allicin, a compound with antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
Tip: If you’re an herb lover, don’t hold back! Basil, chervil, dill, and tarragon are all tasty additions to this salad.