Makes two servings
- 1 tsp. whole fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/4 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos or tamari
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- 1 cup sliced sweet bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups quartered mushrooms
- 4 cups baby spinach, washed
- Mix the fennel seeds, paprika, sage, pepper, Bragg Aminos and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a bowl.
- Add the tempeh and marinate for about five minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet, and sauté the tempeh with the bell peppers and mushrooms until the vegetables are softened and the “sausage” is crisped.
- Add the spinach and stir to wilt.
- Serve warm.