Makes 2 cups
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1/4 tsp. dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 tbs. potato starch
- 2 cups turkey stock and pan drippings
- 1/4 cup apple cider or cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh sage and rosemary (if desired, to garnish)
- In a small saucepan, sauté minced shallot in butter over low heat until caramelized, or light golden brown.
- Add dried sage and rosemary and sauté one minute. Mix in potato starch, then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine stock and cider, and bring to a simmer. Stir the potato starch mixture into the simmering stock and stir until gravy is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste. Garnish with fresh sage and rosemary.