Traditionally made with potatoes, these little fritters are wonderful paired with applesauce and sour cream.
Makes four servings
- 2 cups grated sweet potato (one large sweet potato)
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh herbs, such as marjoram, sage, or rosemary
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
Mix the sweet potato, onion, quinoa flakes, and eggs together in a medium mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs. Shape the sweet potato mixture into 12 small pancakes. Heat the oil in a preheated cast-iron skillet until hot. Fry latkes for about two to three minutes on each side, until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and serve hot.