Serves six to eight
• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
• 2 tbs. olive oil
• ½ tsp. sea salt
• ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
• 1 bunch collard greens, chopped (about 4 to 5 cups)
• ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
• ¼ cup dried cherries
• Zest and juice of one lemon
• 1 tbs. coarse ground mustard
• 1 tbs. pumpkin seed oil or olive oil
Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast at 375 degrees F on a baking sheet for 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and toss collards with sweet potatoes directly on the hot baking sheet, then return to the oven for another five minutes until the greens begin to wilt.
Transfer greens and sweet potatoes into a bowl and mix with pumpkin seeds, dried cherries and lemon zest.
In a separate bowl, whisk the lemon juice, mustard and pumpkin seed oil together, then toss with the salad.
Enjoy at room temperature immediately, or refrigerate until serving.