Makes four servings
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 leeks, chopped and washed (about 2 cups)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach, packed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 radishes, sliced thin
- 3 ounces chèvre
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and sauté the leeks and celery until almost tender.
Add the garlic and seeds, and sauté for another five minutes, then add the parsley and stock.
Cover and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are tender.
Add the spinach and cook for just a couple of minutes.
Purée the soup until smooth, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish each bowl with the radishes and chèvre.