Makes four servings
Prep time: 45 minutes, plus marinating
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbs. tamari
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbs. grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbs. honey
- 3/4 pound pork loin, sliced into 1/8-inch-thin strips
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 1 tsp. brown-rice vinegar
- 1 tbs. peanut oil
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 6 cups chopped mustard greens, dandelion greens, or watercress
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 4 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Kimchi for serving (optional)
- 4 poached eggs (optional)
Combine the tamari, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and honey with the pork strips in a bowl; marinate the meat for at least one hour or overnight.
Drizzle the cucumber with the brown-rice vinegar.
Heat a heavy skillet with the peanut oil, and sauté the meat and its marinade with the green onions. When the meat is cooked, toss in the greens and cook until wilted.
Divide the cooked rice into individual bowls, and top with the meat and greens, radishes, carrots, and cucumbers, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve with kimchi and top with a poached egg, if desired.