Makes four servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: Seven to 10 minutes
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
Ingredients For Puttanesca Sauce
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add onions, sea salt, garlic, and red-pepper flakes, and sauté for two to three minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, capers, and olives, and cook for two more minutes.
- Place the zucchini spirals into the skillet, and toss for two minutes or until the zucchini is al dente, or still slightly firm. Add the ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and toss until well combined, then add the chopped basil.
- Transfer to bowls or a platter, and garnish with the remaining Parmesan. Serve.
Tip: Many handheld spiralizers are inexpensive and easy to use.