Makes four servings
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 can sardines (3.75 oz.) packed in olive oil, gently broken apart with a fork
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tbs. red-wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups mixed greens
In a medium salad bowl, mix the beans, sardines, red onion and parsley together. In a blender, add the garlic, roasted peppers, vinegar and olive oil, and blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the bean mixture onto a bed of salad greens and serve with the roasted-pepper vinaigrette.
Why No Numbers?
Readers sometimes ask us why we don’t publish nutrition information with our recipes. We believe that (barring specific medical advice to the contrary) if you’re eating primarily whole, healthy foods — an array of sustainably raised vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, meats, fish, eggs, whole-kernel grains, and healthy fats and oils — you probably don’t need to stress about the numbers. We prefer to focus on food quality and trust our bodies to tell us what we need. — The Editors