Makes four servings
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 sausages, raw in natural casings
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch collard greens, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked lentils
Heat a large cast-iron skillet and add the olive oil. Sear the sausages on all sides over medium heat and then lower the heat and cook for about five minutes until sausage is cooked through. Shift sausages to the outer edges of the cast-iron pan, add the garlic and the collard greens to the center of the pan, and stir. When the greens are slightly wilted, add a tablespoon of water, season with salt and pepper, and cover for a couple of minutes over low heat. Once the greens are cooked, push them gently to the side and add the lentils. Heat the lentils over medium heat until warmed through and served.