Makes eight servings
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 2 medium beets, peeled, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place the vegetables on a baking sheet. Mix the vegetables with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast until browned and al dente (slight bite remaining) for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Why No Numbers?
Readers sometimes ask us why we don’t publish nutrition information with our recipes. We believe that (barring specific medical advice to the contrary) if you’re eating primarily whole, healthy foods — an array of sustainably raised vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, meats, fish, eggs, whole-kernel grains, and healthy fats and oils — you probably don’t need to stress about the numbers. We prefer to focus on food quality and trust our bodies to tell us what we need. — The Editors