Change up the pesto by substituting almonds for the pistachios and parsley for the mint.
Makes four servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 lbs. medium zucchini (about four)
Ingredients For the Pesto
- 1 cup raw pistachios, shelled
- ½ cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Trim the ends of each zucchini. Using a vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise from end to end, creating long, thin ribbons.
- Place all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Toss the zucchini ribbons in 1/4 cup of the pesto; garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve. The remaining pesto will last in the fridge for a week or the freezer for three months.
Tip: Change up your pesto: Substitute almonds for pistachios and parsley for mint.