Makes six servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Refrigeration time: one to two hours
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp. stevia powder*
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbs. coconut butter, melted
- 6 very ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- ½ cup brown-rice syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
Berry Sauce Ingredients
- 2 ½ cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbs. brown-rice syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Fresh berries
- Edible flowers
- Mint leaves
- Lightly oil a 7-inch springform pan.
- To make the base, process the cashews and coconut in a high-speed blender or food processor until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the remaining base ingredients. The mixture should be stiff and hold together when pressed between your fingers; add a little filtered water if necessary. Use your hands to press the mixture into the prepared tin. Freeze for 20 minutes to set.
- To make the filling, blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor for 30 seconds, or until smooth and creamy. Pour filling over the set base and use a spatula to smooth the top. Refrigerate for one to two hours, until set.
- To make the berry sauce, process all the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth.
- Top the cake with the berry sauce, and serve decorated with edible flowers, fresh berries, and mint leaves if desired.
*EDITOR’S NOTE: Not a fan of stevia? You can use 1 tablespoon sugar instead.