Makes four to six servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 small head radicchio, chopped
- 1 tbs. thinly sliced shallot or red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- ½ cup chopped green olives
- 1 oz. anchovies in oil, chopped
- 1 tsp. pickled green peppercorns or capers
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2 lemons
Combine the radicchio, shallot or onion, herbs, olives, anchovies, and pickled peppercorns or capers in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil and lemon juice to coat. Serve.
Excerpted with the permission of VeloPress from Feed Zone Table by Chef Biju Thomas and Allen Lim, PhD. Try more recipes at feedzonecookbook.com.
Why No Numbers?
Readers sometimes ask us why we don’t publish nutrition information with our recipes. We believe that (barring specific medical advice to the contrary) if you’re eating primarily whole, healthy foods — an array of sustainably raised vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, meats, fish, eggs, whole-kernel grains, and healthy fats and oils — you probably don’t need to stress about the numbers. We prefer to focus on food quality and trust our bodies to tell us what we need. — The Editors