Makes approximately 12 bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup hazelnut flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 tbs. molasses
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place oats and hazelnuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times until chopped into pebble-size pieces. Scrape mixture into a bowl.
- Add hazelnut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sea salt to nut mixture and stir until combined.
- Place dates in the bowl of food processor and process until they form a paste.
- Add cranberries, pumpkin purée, vanilla extract, and molasses to dates and process until combined.
- Add half of the nut mixture to the food processor and process until combined. Add remaining nut mixture and process again.
- Scrape mixture into prepared dish. Use a second sheet of parchment paper and press down firmly until the mixture forms one tightly packed layer.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges.
- Let dish cool for 10 minutes, then use the parchment-paper edges to lift the uncut bars out of the dish. Place on a wire rack and cool completely before slicing into bars.
- Store bars in an airtight container at room temperature for one week or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Freeze for up to three months and thaw before enjoying.