Makes four servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 4 lamb chops (with or without bones)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cipollini onions, or small red onions
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and cut into 8 slices, fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 bunch radishes, cleaned and cut in half
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, simmered to reduce to 1/2 cup
Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper and add to the hot pan. Sear the chops, about four to five minutes on each side.
Remove the chops, cover with a sheet of aluminum foil, and set aside to rest while you prepare the vegetables and sauce.
Add the vegetables to the hot pan and sauté for five minutes.
Add the chicken stock or water to the pan, cover, and cook for another five minutes to braise.
In a small saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar and simmer until it has reduced to ½ cup.
Serve the chops and vegetables with a drizzle of the balsamic reduction. Garnish with the reserved fennel fronds.