Makes four servings
- 2 to 3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 tbs. chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tbs. dried)
- 2 quarts organic chicken stock
- 6 to 12 ounces spiral gluten-free pasta or cooked brown rice (optional)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from the bone
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1– to 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large stock pot, add oil and sauté the onion until caramelized. Add in the carrots, celery, and parsley, and sauté until the vegetables are soft.
Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the pasta (if using), and boil until three-quarters done.
Add the chicken and cabbage, and cook until the cabbage is softened.
Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.