Makes two servings
Prep time: Five minutes
Cook time: Five minutes
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbs. cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tbs. maca powder
- 1 cup whole milk or nondairy milk
- 1 to 2 tbs. organic cane sugar or coconut palm sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ to ½ tsp. mint extract (look for a glycerine- or oil-based extract if you are avoiding alcohol)
- Whisk the cocoa or cacao powder into the water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Continue whisking over low heat until slightly thickened, then whisk in the maca powder and milk.
- Heat until just warm, and taste to check for sweetness.
- Add sugar and mint extract to taste. (Maca has a bit of sweet flavor, so you may find you don’t need sugar.)
Add spirit: Add a splash of whiskey.