Makeover your lunchbox with these veggie skewers!
Makes four servings
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 orange pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup whole portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz. organic gluten-free tempeh, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
Special equipment: Wooden or metal skewers
In a large bowl, combine vegetables, pineapple, and tempeh. In a separate glass container, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and spice. Pour marinade over vegetables, stir to coat, and refrigerate one to two hours. Preheat grill to medium high. Alternate vegetables, pineapple, and tempeh on skewers and cook, turning onto all sides until done, approximately 10 minutes.