Makes four to six servings
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbs. fresh gingerroot, minced
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly into small sticks
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup ½-inch cubes of firm tofu
- 4 tbs. sherry vinegar
- 2 tbs. tamari
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup bean sprouts and/or microgreens for garnish
Bring stock to a simmer in a medium saucepan and add the ginger, mushrooms and carrots. Simmer until vegetables are almost tender.
Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer until the asparagus is just cooked through.
Serve warm, garnished with bean sprouts and microgreens.