Makes six servings
Prep time: 15 to 20 minutes
Cook time: five to six minutes
- 1½ lb. cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1-in. florets
- 6 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup tightly packed chopped parsley
- ½ cup tightly packed chopped mint leaves
- Place the cauliflower florets in a steamer basket and steam until just tender-crisp, five to six minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the cooked cauliflower in a food processor and pulse about 15 times, until the texture is fine, with pieces about the size of rice grains.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, turmeric, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Add the cauliflower and toss well to coat. Taste, and adjust with a couple of pinches of salt, if needed.
- When the cauliflower has completely cooled, fold in the parsley and mint. Serve at room temperature.