Makes four servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. green-curry paste, plus more to taste
- 1 14.5-oz. can coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 tbs. brown sugar or sucanat
- 1 tbs. tamari
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 12 oz. frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry curry paste in the oil for one to two minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
- Whisk in the coconut milk, garlic, gingerroot, sweetener, and tamari, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pepper and green beans to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and stir until the vegetables start to soften, about three minutes.
- Add the edamame and cook for about eight minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve over cooked quinoa or rice.