Makes four servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbs. avocado oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups chopped vegetables (cherry tomatoes, cabbage, snow peas, cauliflower, bell peppers, asparagus, or broccoli)
- 1 tbs. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbs. tamari
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large scallions, sliced
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Put quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve and rinse well with cold water. Add quinoa to the pot. Return to a boil, then cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for at least five minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat for 30 seconds, then add avocado oil and heat until shimmering. Add shrimp and stir frequently until it turns pink, about two to three minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- Add vegetables to skillet and stir frequently until crisp but tender, about five to seven minutes.
- Add minced ginger and stir for 30 seconds, then transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and keep the pan warm.
- Whisk tamari, sesame oil, honey, and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk eggs in a separate small bowl, then pour into the pan and scramble.
- Add cooked quinoa and drizzle with tamari mixture. Stir until the grains look dry, about four minutes. Stir in shrimp and vegetables.
- Divide among four bowls and top each serving with a small handful of scallions.