Makes 24 dolmades
- 24 collard green leaves (about 2 to 3 bunches), tough stems removed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, quinoa, or millet
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- ½ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Bring one quart of water to boil in a saucepan. Blanch the collard greens, two to three leaves at a time, for about one minute.
Drain, shock in a bowl of ice water, and dry.
Mix the rest of the ingredients together.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling onto the center of each collard green and wrap up like a burrito.
Secure the dolmades with a toothpick and chill until ready to serve.