Makes two servings
Prep time: Five minutes
Cook time: Five minutes
- 1 cup water
- 2 bags chai tea blend (if you are avoiding caffeine altogether, choose a blend made with rooibos or tulsi, also known as holy basil)
- 2 tbs. maca powder
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 1 cup whole milk or nondairy milk
- Orange peel or freshly ground cardamom for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a simmer and add the tea bags.
- Simmer for five minutes and then remove the tea bags and whisk in the maca powder, maple syrup, and milk.
- Simmer until slightly thickened and warmed through.
- Serve warm, garnished with a twist of orange peel or a sprinkle of freshly ground cardamom.
Add spirit: Add a splash of Grand Marnier and eliminate the maple syrup.