Makes eight drinks
Serving glass: Highball
Supplies: 8 bamboo skewers
- 1 English cucumber, shaved lengthwise into long strips (use a mandoline or a vegetable peeler)
- 1 quart water
- 1 tsp. sugar or a splash of fruit juice
- 8 sprigs fresh mint (reserve tops for a garnish)
- Crushed ice
- 32 oz. carbonated water
- Weave the cucumber strips onto bamboo skewers, and reserve as garnishes.
- Stir the water and sugar together in a pitcher, then add the remaining cucumber strips and the lower mint leaves. Allow the cucumber-mint water to infuse for at least an hour before serving.
- Pour the drink over crushed ice in a glass; fill halfway. Then top off with the carbonated water. Garnish with a cucumber skewer and a mint sprig.
(Alcohol options: Gin or vodka)