Makes two servings
- 1 tbs. ghee, butter or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic (15 oz.)
- ½ cup diced roasted red bell peppers
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Heat ghee in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and sauté onion until just softened. Add the tomatoes and roasted peppers, sauté for five minutes, and then add the stock.
Simmer the soup for an additional five minutes.
Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
Stir in the coconut milk, simmer gently until heated through, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Ladle into two serving bowls and top each with a generous handful of fresh basil.