Makes 4 cups
- 4 tbs. kosher salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound quartered or halved Brussels sprouts
- 11/2 tbs. Korean red chili flakes or crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tbs. fish sauce or anchovy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. finely grated ginger
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (green parts only)
- 1/4 cup julienned red bell pepper
Dissolve the salt in the water; add the Brussels sprouts and soak for 45 minutes. Drain and rinse the sprouts.
Meanwhile, mix the chili flakes, fish or anchovy sauce, sugar, garlic, and ginger together.
Toss the mixture with the carrots, green onions, red peppers, and sprouts.
Tightly pack the vegetables into a 1-quart canning jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid.
Leave at room temperature for 24 hours, shaking the jar occasionally to distribute the marinade.
Store in the refrigerator and consume within one month.