Makes six servings
Prep time: 45 minutes
5 large eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or 4 oz. lox, chopped
1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/4 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped (about 2 medium)
1 cup kale, chopped
1 tbs. fresh thyme or rosemary, or 1 tsp. dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 6-cup muffin pan with paper liners, or grease with plenty of olive oil.
- Whisk the eggs and salt in a medium bowl. If using yogurt, whisk into the eggs until smooth. If using lox, fold into the eggs until combined.
- Heat olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, kale, and herbs, then stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft and shrunken and the pan is nearly dry, about three minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature, then fold into the egg mixture.
- Divide mixture among prepared muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes, until the tops are puffed and browned.
- To store, cool completely and transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to four days, or freeze in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to a month.