Makes four servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 bunches kale, collard greens, or Swiss chard (washed, tough stems removed, cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 tbs. apple-cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until golden brown. Add greens and toss them until they wilt and fit in the pan.
Add vinegar, broth, salt, and pepper, and cover the pan. Allow the greens to braise in the liquid until tender, about three to five minutes. Stir halfway through cooking time to cook evenly. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve warm.