Makes four servings
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices pancetta, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 heads baby bok choy, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, apple cider or apple juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil and add the pancetta, cooking until almost crisp. Add the garlic and sauté for a couple more minutes. Then add the bok choy and sauté until just tender but still firm. Add the sherry and stir to deglaze the pan. Simmer for about two to three minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.