Makes 24 pieces
- 24 dates, pitted
- 4 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- 12 thin slices nitrate-free bacon, cut in half crosswise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Make a lengthwise slit in each date with a paring knife and open just enough to stuff in 1/2 teaspoon of blue cheese. Wrap each date with a bacon slice and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake in the oven until the bacon is crisp and browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain the dates on a paper towel for a few minutes.
- Serve warm.