Sliced almonds add a nutty crunch to this bright summer salad.
Makes four servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Ingredients For the Salad
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 cups tightly packed baby arugula
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh basil or mint
- 3 tbs. crumbled feta cheese
- Place a small skillet over low heat. Add almonds and toast, stirring often, until slightly golden and nutty smelling, about two minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Put the arugula, fennel, berries, and mint or basil in a large bowl, and toss gently to combine.
- Drizzle about 6 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over salad and toss again. Divide into bowls, scatter feta and toasted almonds on top, and serve.
For the Lemony Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until thoroughly blended.
Tip: Store leftover dressing in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.