Makes six servings
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs. poppy seeds
- 3 cups shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 thinly sliced gala apples
For the vinaigrette: Combine the garlic, vinegar, honey and mustard in a blender. While the blender is running, slowly drizzle in the oil to create a creamy vinaigrette. Stir in poppy seeds by hand.
For the salad: In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, onion and apples. Pour dressing over and mix well.