Adapted from Healthful Pursuit.
- 1 tablespoon pepita seeds, roughly ground (for garnish)
- 3-4 drops liquid sweetener (coconut nectar, honey, or stevia)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened yogurt (whole or non-dairy)
- 1 handful of fresh organic spinach
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed, ground, divided
- Juice from 1 lemon
- A few blackberries or blueberries (previously frozen will “bleed” better)
In a food processor (or by hand with a mortar and pestle) grind flaxseeds, then set aside and separate out 1 tablespoon for the “brew.” Next, grind pepita seeds and add to one portion of the ground flaxseeds.
Prepare serving dishes by wetting the rim of a jar or dish with water or smear with honey; press rim-side down in pepita-flax mix. (You can leave the jars sitting upside down while you finish making the brew.)
Add remaining ingredients except the berries to a blender and blend until uniform color develops.
Mix in berries for a ghoulish effect. Pour into prepared dishes. Garnish with remaining pepitas (optional).
TELL US: What is your favorite healthy Halloween treat you love to make every year? Tweet us @ExperienceLife!