Resources for your fifth week of the Take Action Challenge — overcome roadblocks, set affirmations, and move forward!
- “I’m usually so rushed in the morning that I forget to grab healthy snacks before running out the door.” Preplanning, preparing and even packing your snacks in a convenient carryall the night before makes it easy for you to just grab and go in the morning. Make yourself a high-visibility note so you remember.
- “Why bother packing snacks when there’s a vending machine stocked with goodies down the hall?” Vending-machines fare is typically nutrient-poor; processed snacks send your blood sugar on a roller-coaster ride, and rob you of energy and vitality.
- “I couldn’t get through my day without my afternoon soda and candy bar.” By properly feeding your body a healthy balance of high-quality carbs, proteins and healthy fats from whole food sources, you’ll feel energetic and focused throughout your day.
- I am willing to honor my body by snacking in a way that supports optimal healthy, mood and vitality — and helps boost my metabolism.
- I am willing to respect my cells, tissues and organs — including my brain! — by eating high-quality, nutrient-dense whole foods at regular intervals.
- I am willing to upgrade my ingrained snacking routines in order to experience steadier energy and mental focus — even if it means taking a few moments to pack snacks the night before, or in the morning before I leave the house.
- I am willing to eat fewer processed foods and sodas and reach for healthy, nutritious alternatives instead.