If you have five minutes:
- Sink your bare feet into the grass.
- Walk mindfully to your next destination.
- Gaze out the window at something beautiful.
If you have 20 minutes:
- Go for a walk outside.
- Eat your lunch outdoors.
- Lie on your back and gaze at the sky.
If you have two hours:
- Pack a picnic for your family or a small
group of friends (when it’s safe to do so).
- Explore the trails in a nearby park.
- Read a book in a hammock between your favorite trees.
If you have all day:
- Take on a gardening project.
- Take a day trip by canoe or kayak.
- Go for a long, leisurely bike ride.
This originally appeared as “Nature in Mind” in the June 2020 print issue of Experience Life.