Lack of energy can result from a number of things, including lack of sleep, stress or even medical illness like adrenal fatigue. The following Experience Life articles offer practical tips on getting enough rest and how to overcome physical and lifestyle obstacles and reclaim your energy:
Getting Enough Rest
- Sleep Deficit (November 2008) – Next time you’re thinking of pulling an all-nighter to beat some looming deadline, consider this: Too little sleep can lead to increased stress levels, compromised metabolism, a suppressed immune system and a host of other health problems.
- Getting to Sleep (November 2004) – It’s the first thing to go when we’re stressed. It’s the last thing we get when we’re busy. But not sleeping enough can lead our bodies into big trouble. Want to be fit and healthy Find out why your shuteye should be a top priority.
How to Ramp Up Your Flagging Energy Levels
- Balancing Your Energetic Checkbook (September/October 2002) – If you’ve been exhausted and bouncing a lot of energy checks lately, the following tips may help you rebalance your bottom line.
- Energy Crisis (December 2004) – Is your body experiencing an energy shortage? Learn how your system creates and uses energy and you’ll have a better shot at ramping up production to meet demand.
- Vitality! (June 2007) – Has modern life depleted your vitality? Here’s how to reclaim it.
Recognizing and Dealing With Adrenal Fatigue
- Fending Off Adrenal Fatigue (March 2005) – Are you exhausted for days following your workouts? Or are you just too tired to make it to the gym? If so, you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue.
- Pick Yourself Up (June 2011) – The weight of daily responsibilities and the burdens of chronic stress have produced an epidemic of adrenal fatigue. Find out if this energy-zapping condition is dragging you down, and how to treat it naturally.