This week, I turn 29 years old. With only one year left of my 20s, I’ve decided it’s time to get moving on some of the goals that have been sitting stagnant for quite a while. I mean, how great is going to feel to have accomplished all of this by the time I turn the big 3-0?!
- Complete my third half marathon (I have absolutely zero desire to do a marathon, for those of you who may be wondering why I don’t just go the next step — 13.1 is JUUUST right for me).
- Complete an individual sprint triathlon and a team International triathlon.
- Begin a 200-hour Yoga Alliance-certified yoga teacher training program.
- Plant a REAL garden. In the ground. (A few potted plants are OK.)
- Try rock climbing — I’m inspired by my fellow team member, Jocelyn, who has been rocking the climbing wall.
- Go on a yoga retreat, even if it’s just for a weekend.
I’ll track my progress toward these various ambitions here throughout the next year. It’ll keep me accountable, and launch me into my 30s on a very high note!
My younger sister, Jenna, and me (left), after completing the Madison Half-Marathon in May 2009. It was her first, my second. I cut seven minutes off of my time. Here’s to finishing my third in under two hours!